Executive Director's Profile
Professor Naidu graduated from UVCE, Bangalore in Mechanical Engineering during the year 1961-66 and M.E in (Machine Design) UVCE, Bangalore during the year 1966-68 and Ph.D (Aerospace Dept) IISc, during the year 1981-1984. He has been in the field of teaching for more than four decades and has a very vast experience; he started his career as Lecturer, in the year 1968 to 1971 in BDT College of Engineering, Davangere for a period of three years, and later he joined as Lecturer in UVCE, Bangalore, from the year 1971 to 1978 for a period of 8 years. From the year 1978-2000, for a period of 22 years he has served the institution BMS College of Engineering, Basavangudi, Bangalore in various capacities, like Asst. Professor, Professor & Head, Vice-Principal and Principal. Presently Professor Naidu contributes his strategic academic inputs to AMC & City group of Institutions as Executive Director.
Professor Naidu ’s academic and research achievements to mention few
- He has guided several M.Tech and Ph.D students.
- He has published more than 30 papers at both International and National levels.
- He has authored two text books - Numerical Methods and Basics of Computer.
- He has got grants from AICTE, ARDB (Aeronautical Research and Development Board) amounting to more than 1.3 crores.
- He had setup a unique lab on “Flexible Manufacturing System” worth of Rs. 80 Lakhs when he was the Head of Manufacturing Engineering at BMS college of Engineering. To set up this lab and to develop the Printing Technology Department, the management had deputed him to Germany and UK.
- He has worked as Chairman-Board of Studies, Chairman,-Grading of colleges, Chairman-Board of Examiners in VTU and Bangalore University.
- He is also a Member of Management of Pullareddy College of Engineering,SJCIT Chikkaballapur and Sir MVIT, Yelahanka, Bangalore.
- Currently he is a member of Academic Senate Executive Council and dean academic of VTU.
- He has professional membership in Institution of Engineers, Indian Society for Technical Education, Aluminum Association of India, ISAMPE, ISCA and Tnbology Society of India.
- He has been a Senate member of Bangalore University.
- He inspected several universities funded by UNDP in African continent.
- Working closely with R&D industries like CPRI, ADA, ADE, Nal etc.
- He has published more than 72 papers at both National and International levels.
- Twelve students have registered for Ph.D under his guidance, out of which nine students have been awarded Ph.D degree.